Monday, October 29, 2007

Malawi's BBA II representive talks about Juna

Code mending fences with Juna
…‘Were I not evicted I would have broken the bond with Maureen’
…Juna got in touch with Richard’s estranged wife Ricki
Code talks exclusively to Malawi News’ Emmanuel Luciano
The lion roared in the den called Big Brother House. Like a typical predator, the Malawian lion did unusually good job at defending itself where necessary and sometimes killing its prey to survive in the game. There was time to be intimate to preserve sanity and time to be real. Such was the manner of the game.
The threat the lion posed to other remaining dwellers of the house was so big that in the lion’s own words “it was time he was evicted.”
But five minutes before his eviction Code was having a discussion with Maureen about how it was not making sense to be intimate. Time for reckoning had finally come for the lion in the house.
“We had to think positively because we had lost a lot. It was me re-awakening. I have to be honest with you, if I had survived I would have gone back to my room and live my own life.
“I had to break the bond with Maureen especially on the kissing. Of course I would still hold respect for her,” said Code.
That moment before eviction Maureen was talking about her plans to come to Malawi and how Code would “affiliate her to something she wanted like a vocational centre and she invited me to her country purely on a business front,” Code said.
When Code’s name was announced as the next housemate to leave the, the one he planned to break the bond with had he survived clung to him like a leech, kissing him on end yet more drama was unfolding outside the house.
“In as far as the kissing was concerned. I was giving her moment because she had asked for it. I really wanted to go but I thought if I had refused, I would have left her in a terrible situation.
Five minutes after eviction the lion was facing the facts of life.
“Outside I knew what I had done was wrong. But it was something that I had to do to be sane because in that environment you need to be attached to someone.
“I think people have a right to have their perception. But that was just good companionship. Maureen opened up to me in a major, major way.”
The confrontation was as scary as it was emotional.
“Seeing my girlfriend was pure manifestation of her deeper love.” While still in that emotional embrace, “I told her I am sorry and she said, ‘don’t worry too much’. It’s gonna be okay’. I love you still and we will talk’.”
Great expectations make frustrated men but the night Code shared a room with his girlfriend did not seem to bring any frustrations.
“She was telling me how she got to the Big Brother forum and how she started responding on the forum until the last day. She told me how she got in touch with Richard’s wife Ricki after she had left Tanzania for Canada.
“She also talked about how some of the things that were being said were affecting are. They were some bad things that were being said about me which she thought were total ridicule. On things like the pro and cons of our relationship on a multicultural basis which were basically racist comments,” said King Code.
On their relationship, Code said:” One of the things she highlighted on was trust. She asked me if she could still trust me. We are mending fences now. That’s where we are. We are mending fences.”
“She showcased a deeper love for me and I would be a fool to disappoint her and I am not fool. She is the one I love, and you know I composed two songs in the house Cry no More, and Nyenyezi. I told her before we went into the house that; look, Every time you are thinking about me just look into the sky and when you see two stars its me and representation of our unborn baby.”
Asked why on the eve of his eviction he asked Maureen that he “wanted to have quality time with her”, a thing that many viewers interpreted to mean sex, Code said: “What I meant was that we needed time for us just to rectify things that were not rightly said, to thank her for providing emotional support. Basically we needed each other for the emotional support.
“And of all the nights in the world why should she choose the night that is supposedly my last in the house to say she wanted to sleep? Instead of spending sometime with someone you were close with there she was sleeping. Because I am a person who can easily adapt, I moved on. That’s why she apologised and said sorry about last night.”
Asked what could be the first thing she would tell Maureen if she got evicted, Code said: “I would tell her thanks for the emotional support. Tell her shorty is pregnant and I am gonna be a dad. I got back to shorty and that we can still pursue the business plans.”
The Malawian representative who is fondly called King Code by his fans said ‘Guzzle’ was one way of keeping sanity in the house. Guzzle had a way of detoxing us; opening us to each other about our deeper feelings or just having fun,” he said.


‘Malawi lets guzzle at Blue Elephant’

MALAWIAN’s ambassador to Big Brother Africa II, Code Sangala says he is ready to guzzle at his homecoming party at Blue Elephant today as the euphoria of his homecoming from the Big Brother House is hitting Malawians.
Code said he didn’t expect to thousands of Malawians to receive him.
“Honestly speaking expected people to welcome me but not that big multitude that included Honourable Billy Kaunda, Roy Comsy and honourable Aleke Banda. I was even excited to meet my Chichiri Dance Troupe,” he said.
“It was a grand welcome. No disrespectful to the president, it felt like a presidential welcome, I felt like a king,” he said.
On today’s homecoming party, Code said he expects a “peaceful and joyful drinking and dancing.”
“There is a guy inside me that likes partying. I am looking forward to guzzling. Some of the hottest deals are done at guzzle places,” he said.
Tapuwa Bandawe of Mathalala Label who are bringing Tay Grin, Dan Lufani and Edgar ndi Davis to the party said all is set.
“We want it to be a hell of the party. We didn’t want it to be only a disco that’s why we brought these guys so that Code and his friends should also have an opportunity to perform,” he said.

No comments: